First things first!!
It SNOWED!!!
We got around 7 inches at our house! Tyler, Taylor, and I loved it! Addyson thought it was pretty but she wouldn't play in it!
Here is our country snowman! How cute is the heart snowflake?! We are amazed by it!
We haven't seen this much snow in a very long time! Tyler went and got the four wheeler and we made a huge mess of it but had lots of fun. Our school was delayed until 10 on Friday but they decided, wisely I might add, to cancel all together! So the four of us spent the day playing and having fun.
Midafternoon we decided the road were good enough to get out so we took the girls to Build-A-Bear. This is a V-Day tradition for us. Addy got a new doggie and Taylor bought a new outfit for the several animals she has. Then we went and ate at Texas Roadhouse!! YUM!
This leads to the deep thoughts. They are really on my heart.
Last night, at the restaurant, we were seated next to a young couple who had a little boy, maybe 14 months, and another that was WELL on the way. As soon as I saw her massive belly my heart just broke. It hurt so much to see how easily they had succeeded in having back to back kids while we are agonizing through this period of infertility. I know she didn't know my pain but inside I want to yell, "Do you KNOW how thankful you are?" What I wouldn't give to be in those shoes?! Of course, I put it behind me as best I could and on our drive home God convicted my heart. He is so good at that! I began to think of others in the restaurant. What did they see when they looked at us? Our two daughters, healthy and happy. What did the 30 something couple think? Had they been told that they could never have kids? We must be a slap in the face to them. Or the single mom juggling her job and her child the best she can. My loving husband must have made her sad when he got up to take Addy to the bathroom because I was still eating. Did she look at me the same way I looked at the couple beside us? Suddenly, I was humbled. God had shown me that while I was hurt by something I saw, many people might be looking at my family and be hurting inside by what I have. Rather than hurting for what I can't have I should REJOICE in what I have been blessed with. Our time will come. I have every faith that God has another child in our plans. When that day comes, I will try to remember that someone will be looking at my large family and aching for that. I will pray more for those who I do not know but I know are hurting and I will sing the praises of the One who has given me so much. My journey will get better. I am so loved. God really did a great job convicting me and pointing out what I needed to know!
We've gotten lots of snow!! I'd really like to get Kyndra out and build a snowman.
ReplyDeleteOne of the things I've learned is that we could never possibly know the situations that people all around us are going through. Like the couple who was pregnant in the restaurant. They could actually struggle with infertility too but finally was able to conceive a second time. It's very eye-opening. It's so easy to want what other people have. Not always easy to give it over to God and trust Him but we can never go wrong with Him.