Taylor had a bang up week this past week at school! She is very smart but not too applied in her school work at times so we have struggled to keep her motivated! This week really helped. She won a Safety Poster Contest at school (which won her a 20 dollar gift card), she got second place in her Turkey decorating contest (gift card to Sonic!!), she made her UIL Storytelling Team, which she REALLY wanted to make, and she got another straight A report card!! All this was after last Friday when she got to get up at a GT event and share her story from memory to a large group of GT kids and their parents and teachers! PRAISE for Taylor having a reaffirming week!
God is so wonderful at giving us reasons to praise Him! Even in the midst of our darkest times he will show us ways to praise! With thanksgiving approaching, I have been constantly thinking of all I am thankful for. I could go on for hours about all the many blessings in our life. Looking at the blessings rather than what is not "just the way we want it" really helps to put life in perspective. I have so much and God has richly blessed us. I am thinking already about ways to share that blessing with others during the holiday season.
So for scripture today, I wanted to leave a few great verses on praise:
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. Deuteronomy 10:21
Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Psalms 150:1
Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! Psalm 147:1
I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints. Psalm 52:9
PRAISE PRAISE our God!! He is doing such amazing work!
God Bless,

No comments:
Post a Comment