Saturday, May 15, 2010

Signs From Above

I often wonder if God hears me when I pray. I mean, I know he does, but so rarely do I get the "signs." That is probably me just not being in the right frame of mind but for once I saw God's glory right in front of me. Actually, not just once, 3 times in 1 week!! Wow! If I am missing Him that often I had better open my eyes and start listening!

Time 1: As I scrolled on Facebook at work one day I ran across what my best friend had just posted. It read "at the right time, I, the Lord, will make it happen." -Isaiah 60:22 What an amazing verse for me to hear as I continue to struggle with getting pregnant. I am such a planner. I want things to happen the way I set them out. God is teaching me DAILY that I can not make the plans. He knows what is to come in my life and He will guide me to that point. Thanks Mindy for posting that. It is now on my daily planner on my desk and printed in my heart!

Time 2: We took our third graders on a field trip to a heritage park this week. Not the most exciting place for a bunch of rowdy third graders but they had been doing pretty good. The last building we visited was the church. We all gathered in there and of course, the kids started to get rowdy. I leaned over to a group of boys and informed them that they were embarrassing Big Sandy and me as their teacher. I was so disappointed in their actions. Shortly after, the woman who runs the park had everyone stand and sing Jesus Loves Me. Those same rotten boys who were driving me nuts almost brought me to tears as they stood and sang. What got me even more was that we were on a school field trip and were given the privilege of worshipping in that old tiny church! I felt God's love in that space and I knew He was telling me why we had chosen this spot for our field trip. God is SO good!

Time 3: That afternoon after the field trip I came home hot, tired, and frustrated. I was rushing to get Taylor ready for dance. There was a message on the machine from our youth pastors wife reminding us that we had signed up to pray for the youth weekend this weekend. I had major reservations about doing this and wasn't sure if we should have even signed up. Never fear, God knew the way into my heart. Unknown to me, they assigned each family praying a student to pray especially for. I listened twice, almost in tears, as she said the name of our person. Of all the people, we got the granddaughter of our school's secretary. Her little brother is in Taylor's class at school. God amazed me yet again by giving me her. My faith in myself was restored. I know I can pray for her and all the youth on this weekend.

I am working to be more open to the signs from God. They are everywhere around me and it is my goal to be much more in tune to the things he is showing me. I am so blessed to be a child of God.

Sara

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if I get signs from God or if it's just in my head!! But I think God can send us little things exactly when we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. Those little things we might miss...we just need to be aware that God is around all the time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete