Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Still Catching Up--Memorial Day

Ok so I am still playing catch up from my weeks of slacking off so today's post is about our Memorial Day weekend. The past two years Tyler's uncle in South Louisiana has had a get-together over the holiday weekend. Last year Taylor's recital fell that weekend so we couldn't go. This year though it was the week before so we got to go. Taylor hadn't spent much time with her bio dad and family so they kept her for the weekend and Tyler, Addyson, and I made the trip. We left Friday and drove down and then came home on Sunday afternoon. I was VERY nervous (I don't always see eye to eye with his immediate family) but it was a great weekend. I wish I would have taken lots of pictures but I was too busy enjoying! Almost all the family, with the exception of Tyler's sister and family and a cousin and family, were there. We don't get together often so it was really nice. Tyler's brother has 2 kids age 2 and 1, and another on the way, and one of the cousins has 2 kids age 5 and 2! Addy had several playmates! Tyler and I laughed though because she loved the 5 year old and played great with her but every time Tyler's 2 (almost 3) year old niece came around Addyson ran from her!! LOL! She has never played well with her but maybe as they get older they will play together better!

I was so proud of myself because I am a super picky eater but I managed to eat alligator, crawfish, and blue crab(which I loved)!! Of course mostly I ate chicken but I tried all the others! We wanted Addyson to try them but she refused!






We went to the beach Sunday before we left with Tyler's parents and his brother. We took a four wheeler and go cart and just rode around and then splashed in the water! Addyson didn't want to get into the water but after awhile she decided it was ok and had a blast!



Now to keep up with the present. Taylor and my Mom have been on the Amtrack train heading to northern New York to visit my moms family. They stopped in Chicago and went to the American Girl store! Addy and Taylor now both have Bitty Babies and Taylor got her Kirsten dolls ears pierced. They ate at the restaurant and just overall had an amazing time. Mom has lots of plans for them while they are in New York and I know Taylor will be thrilled to do everything. We are kinda missing her here though! Addy SOBBED when Taylor and Grandma got on the train and she asks us 50 times a day where they are and then answers herself with "They on the choo choo train."I am teaching half day summer school this week so I am staying busy but by next week I will be ready for my big kid to come home!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Taylor is having a great time with your mom!!

    And kudos to you for eating that stuff!

    ReplyDelete