This is my blog so I get to put what I want on here. I get to vent if I need to and I NEED TO! Now that being said this is not about me and I am not mentioning who its about or very much of the situation. I just need to get it off my chest.
I was scrolling through a popular social networking site and happened across some pictures of many people I know at a party we were invited to. We declined because we had better plans (spending the evening with our children.) Now 90% of the people there have children. These pictures showed them dressed skanky, rubbing up on people inappropriately (some same sex stuff as well), drinking (obviously), dancing on stripper poles, ect. Now, I get this is a party and you want to have fun but should you post pictures like that where ANYONE can see them? What happens when your teenage daughter gets ahold of these and you have to explain why mom has her hand on another womans boob or Dad is dressed like a body part? It just disgusts me how inappropriate people can act. I know some of them were at church the next day, after showing out like that.
I have had my fun and I am so serious about being a Christian example to my children that it just blows my mind when I see people (my age or much older even) setting this example and then flaunting it around. If you want to act that way you do not need to have kids yet!! Once you do its time to get down to buisness and make them proud of you!
Gosh, I can't even get into how upset I am that people are acting this way. I love to have fun and hang out and I can do it without being embarrassed the next day. I am not saying I am better than these people, I just am different. But this is my blog and I can vent!!
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have higher standards for myself and I agree, I want to do better for me, God, and my family. I don't want to be a hypocrite.
ReplyDelete