Monday, December 28, 2009

Why I smile

My mother in law has asked me repeatedly the past week or so "Why do you smile so much?" She assumed we must be pregnant and just hadn't told them yet. We aren't (although I wish that were it), I am just that happy. I finally had to tell her "Why shouldn't I be?" I have a husband who provides, loves me like nothing I have ever encountered, and treats our daughters great! He is a man of God and a loving son, grandson ect. My children are healthy, well behaved, beautiful, and smart. I have a great job with amazing coworkers, enough money to do what I want and still save, we own our house, which is nice enough for us. I mean really? How could I NOT smile when I look at all this. And that doesn't even touch the deeper reason I smile! I am a daughter of a King! Our walk with Jesus has been strengthened lately and we both have commented on how we feel it in our lives. Little things take a back seat to the greatness that He has shown us. We are in an awesome Sunday School class that leaves me smiling every single Sunday. I am beyond blessed. My MIL didn't seem to understand and I had to step back and look at it from her eyes. We haven't always been happy. I mean we love each other and all that but there have been trying times. She and I have not had a good relationship because I felt she always put us and our kids last. She never seemed to have enough love left over from dealing with her other two children to give to us. Now I won't go and put down my husbands siblings but I will say that they are very needy, monetarily and emotionally. We have never been like that. We knew when we struck out on our own that we were doing it ON OUR OWN. I guess my MIL couldn't understand that all we needed from her was love so it made it hard. I got hurt easily when she didn't show the same care toward our family that she did for the others. But the past 6 months or so it has been much better. She is really trying and that makes me happy. I let everything else slide and trust that God will work it out so I don't have to be aggravated around her. So yes, I smile ALL THE TIME! No I am not pregnant, but I will keep praying for that to happen soon. I just have a wonderfully blessed life! I am loving Lee Brice's new song "Love Like Crazy." If we all lived this way we would all smile like I do!! In fact, it just came on the Ipod as I wrote this! Made me smile again just hearing it! I have to share the words and inspiration it gives me!

They called them crazy when they started out

Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yea that’s crazy

Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy they'll never take off
He sold his one man shop to Microsoft
They paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy
They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now
Aint that crazy?

:) Yes... I am still smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment