East Texas has been hit by ABC's Extreme Home Makeover!!! The Carr Family from Mineola is getting a dream home! They live about 20 minutes from us so we are really getting to see all the action and it is so neat! Our local news station KLTV streams the coverage live so that we can see all of it. It is so cool, and in typical East Texas fashion we are CRAZY over the story and the amazing Carr family! They have adopted 4 children 3 who have special needs and are just some amazing people! I feel blessed just to see a small part of this. They are doing blood and food drives along with the build. I think Tyler will go give blood and I hope to donate some food for the cause.
In other (related) news, the massive earthquake that hit Chile is now causing people to be worried about tsunami's in Hawaii. How is that related?? Guess where EHM sent the Carr family?! Honolulu, Hawaii! I heard they have been moved inland but pray for the family and all those that are affected by this disaster!
I actually have another post that I hope to have ready to post tonight or in the morning, but I just couldn't resist posting about how little ole' East Texas is getting a slice of the Hollywood pie! When I know when the show will be aired I will post that as well!
Oh.. They also have a facebook page. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition East Texas :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment